- Written and verbal communication
- Microsoft Office and Google suites
- Editing and revision
- Public speaking
- Design and visual language, social media
- WordPress and Omeka
- Digital mapping and timeline tools
- Proficient Spanish and fluent Russian.
UMW WRITING CENTER – Consultant
I work with students to improve their papers, whether this entails brainstorming or the final edits. I’m familiar in depth with grammar and punctuation rules, clarity and organization, and a variety of citation styles. I’ve also created teaching materials for the Writing Center and researched how its pedagogy could be adjusted to English language learners. In the light of the COVID-19 pandemic I’ve performed numerous online appointments over both Google Docs and Zoom.
I’ve been a Lead Consultant since January 2020 and currently manage the Writing Center’s Twitter account.
RAPPAHANNOCK REVIEW – Design editor
August 2020-December 2020
In Fall 2020, I worked as part of a two-person team to create and format webpages for the Rappahannock Review’s 8.1 issue using WordPress and Elementor. I also served on the poetry editorial team and participated in writing and editing interviews.
University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg – BA in English
August 2018-June 2022
Current third-year student, pursuing English major and Digital Studies minor. Member of Honors College.
Overall GPA: 3.97; Major GPA: 4.0
Presented at the 2019 English, Linguistics, and Communication Symposium.
Jamestown High School, Williamsburg – Honors Diploma
September 2016-June 2018
PROJECTS & ACTIVITIES
- Worked on a team effort to collect and display digital materials to celebrate James L. Farmer’s educational impact at the University of Mary Washington; the final product can be found at farmer.umwhistory.org.
- Volunteered for 20 hours total with the Central Rappahannock Library’s MakerLab in Fall of 2019.
- Have served on the UMW Honors Student Advisory Council from Fall 2019 to the present.
- Received Accessibility 101 training from the UMW Office of Disability Resources in Fall 2019.